$57 Includes priority shipping with tracking if you are in the lower 48 states. If not, please contact me for extra shipping costs.
Tutorial on the SIZZLE*PIPE now included with your purchase. Once you have received it in the mail, please email for the google drive link for this tutorial video digital download.
*Now available in TUBA, FRENCH HORN, EUPHONIUM-TROMBONE-BARITONE
One video tutorial explains the nuts and bolts of leadpipe buzzing, and how to get it connected to your mouthpiece. It also introduces you to the Warm-Up which consists of 12 repetitions. Please Watch This One First
The other video tutorial picks up where the intro video left off. It starts out with a brief review of the Bill Adam warm-up covered in the first video, but then moves on to advanced and more in depth strategies devised by Kurt Thompson!
REASON TO GET ONE:
- Use as a warm-up like Bill Adam did.
- Opens up and improves your sound.
- Super large bore to build wind power and make your trumpet easier to blow by contrast. In other words, each Sizzle*pipe regardless of Instrument (TRUMPET, TUBA, HORN, BONE) is made to be slightly larger than the leadpipe actually on your instrument! Think of it as wearing 1/2 pound ankle weights on each leg. You won't notice it TOO much, but your muscles WILL!
- Stop getting the slide grease on your pants, hands, etc..when you pull the tuning slide out to buzz. That will be a thing of the past with these individual pipes.
- Less work buzzing these light brass pipes compared to holding the entire horn.
- Mobile - Take in your car, office, OR take it on a hike, walk, or bike ride.
- Kids or Grandkids playing too loud? Just whip out this leadpipe and the rest will take care of itself!
- Can control position and head angle better than with the leadpipe attached to the horn.
- Traveling? Overnight trip? Business Trip? Vacation with family? Reside in an apartment community or flat? Imagine how empowering it will be ESPECIALLY if you play the bulkier brass instruments like Euphonium and Tuba! During times where lugging your tuba for a weekend trip would be next to impossible or at the least, a real grind, with the SIZZLE*PIPE and a few other practice aids, YOUR CHOPS DON'T HAVE TO TURN TO MUSH!
- Priced right! Unlike almost all other lead-pipes including custom pipes which start at $200, this one will do the trick and still leave your wallet intact! Think I am joking? Google: Blackburn, Pilczuk, Harrelson leadpipes and you will QUICKLY realize what a bargain the SIZZLE*PIPE truly is!
If you haven't heard of Bill Adam, that's ok. The short version: He was a well-known Trumpet professor at Indiana University and at the time by the late 1980's, Indiana boasted the largest enrollment of Music Majors of all colleges and universities.
Bill had many approaches and philosophies regarding trumpet playing. (at least as far as I could tell).
One approach that seemed to be mainstream and a constant with him was....LEADPIPE BUZZING!
Bill Adam declared it opened up player's sound. Improved pitch center, resonance, flexibility, range and was one of the best ways to start the day using it as a warm-up!