Weeks 1-5 from the 16 Week Upper Register Course (ORIGINAL 2009) ***
Weeks 1-5 from the 16 Week Upper Register Course (ORIGINAL 2009 VERSION)
1. You 99% know you want to get involved in the full course!
2. You have already got the sample and love it!
3. You haven't got the sample, but have watched enough of Kurt's freebies on Youtube to know it is very wise to get involved now!
4. YOU EITHER DON'T HAVE THE MONEY FOR THE FULL COURSE OR STILL ARE NOT 100% SURE!
I say get the FULL, COMPLETE 16 Week course, but...I am biased lol!
So you want to play it safe? A bit hesitant? Still not exactly sure?
These are the first 5 weeks of the course on video just like everyone else experiences. It ends perfectly on Week 5 which is when EVERYBODY takes their review with me.
30 minute review included! email firstname.lastname@example.org at week 5 to set this up.
This comes packed in a zip file that is about 800mb. Make sure you have enough storage and a solid, fast internet connection. Sometimes people experience problems downloading to their phone so downloading to a laptop or tablet may work best.
So, stick your toes in the water by getting this partial installment of my 16 week course. You will definitely want to continue and get the rest of the course because you WILL be convinced after doing all 5 weeks!
Now, don't forget: Adjust your expectations based on the data:
When to expect your results:
After a decade of teaching this course, the data points to these averages:
- Nothing after the first 2 weeks! Lol this is important because I do get people taking the course thinking they might be playing like Maynard Ferguson after learning just a few techniques in the first week or so.
- Around Weeks 3-4 many folks experience: more ease of playing, more power, more command and control, better intonation, better accuracy, and a lift in their endurance at rehearsals and performances.
- Between Weeks 4-5 many will have their first 1/2 step increase in range. One day it just happens and it catches most of guard!
- Weeks 6-8 tend to be a period of stagnation and treading water. The reason is because of 2 things: 1. Your body is catching up to all the increased load being placed upon it. 2. Weeks 6 and 7 are the 2 most difficult weeks in the course because of the many techniques that are given to the student and also because of the placement in the course. In other words if Weeks 6 and 7 could be switched to Weeks 1 and 2, they would not appear to be so tough.
- During the period between Weeks 8 and 9, many will notice their 2nd half step increase in range. Weeks 8 and 9 are not very difficult and then there is Week 10 where nothing new is added and we have a review.
- Week 10 - 11 marks the appearance of the 3rd half step increase in range. Now, on average, most students have gained a minor third in range...very cool.
- Weeks 11-14 are advanced techniques, but because there are an even 5 techniques for each week, many students find themselves gaining another half step to a whole step during this time period. So potentially, you could have added a major third to a perfect 4th to your range by the end of Week 14.
- Weeks 14-16 can be a period of slow growth to a stagnation and most students will either not make any more gains or they might receive one more 1/2 step.
There you have it! On average, most brass players and I am talking ALL brass players: French Horn, Euphonium, Trombone, Cornet, Trumpet, Baritone, except Tuba, will experience the above range increase progression. The reason Tuba is the exception is because so far, no Tuba has actually taken and completed the entire course so the verdict is still out with tuba players.
CHECK OUT ALL THE LATEST VERSIONS AND OPTIONS TO TAKING THIS COURSE:
16 Week Upper Register Course Newest Version - $297
16 Week Upper Register Course Newest Weekly D.I.Y. Version - $25
16 Week Upper Register Course Newest Weekly Version Direct (“LIVE”) With Kurt - $77
16 Week Upper Register Course Newest Every Other Week Version Direct (“LIVE”) With Kurt - $557
(Best!)16 Week Upper Register Course Newest Every Week Version Direct (“LIVE”) With Kurt - $997 (Best!)